Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday @ Starbucks ~ Best/Worst #2: Series Endings

Saturday @ Starbucks is a periodic feature hosted by Starbucks & Books Obsession.


This week's Best/Worst topic is: 
Series Endings

What I'm Drinking:
Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte

So a few weeks ago, I read Sentinel, the final book in the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I was BLOWN away by the ending to that book and the series as a whole. This got me thinking about other series I've read and how I felt when the author ended it all. Here are my Best/Worst series endings. 

BEST: Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Oh. My. God. I have loved this series since I read the first chapter of Half Blood and I was so nervous to read Sentinel and have it all end. This book could have gone so many ways and I could not have been happier with the way JLA ended it. I was a sobbing mess through the last 10% of the book but I've NEVER felt more satisfied at the end of a series.

Honorable Mentions: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, Guardian Trilogy by Laury Falter

WORST: Delirium Series by Lauren Oliver

Honestly, I wasn't that big of a fan of this series in general but I have never disliked the ending to a series more than this book. When I got to the end, I actually thought my kindle was broken and I was missing a few pages. I know there are some people who liked the ending and that's okay. It just didn't work for me. I think my exact expression (out loud) was "Huh?"

Honorable Mentions: Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater

*****************************
What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Tell me why! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Well, I can't agree with Sentinel because I haven't read it. *hangs head in shame* I am busting my butt to read other things because Christmas break is ALL JLA. I didn't end up finishing the Delirium series. I went ahead and looked at the end of Requiem, but I didn't read it. I was NOT a fan of those books. Agree on the HG for sure. :( And Wolves of Mercy Falls was another series. I didn't care for.



    Probably one of my favorite series enders was Shine by Jeri Smith Ready. I was really happy with that one. Also Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, you will DEVOUR those books and then you will come back here and you will tell me how AWESOME the ending was :-) I wasn't impressed with the Delerium series either and the ending sucked. The last book in Mercy Falls was depressing. So I haven't read either of those you mentioned but if you liked them, I will need to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhh sentinel! Still brings a smile to my face how perfect it was and how much I loved! I haven't read the delirium series but probably will at some point! I 1000% agree about hunger games. I really hated mockingjay. Really really. I also agree with Jess - last sacrifice was an amazing series ender! You definitely need to read VA. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!