Saturday, December 14, 2013

Review: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Origin
(Lux #4)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Publication Date: August 27, 2013
Genre: Young Adult/Paranormal
Source: Purchased

~Synopsis~
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?


~Review~

Oh Daemon Black. Is it possible to fall even more in love with this guy? I didn’t think it was and then I read Origin. This is the fourth installment in the Lux Series and shit is getting real people.  If you haven’t read the first 3 books, there may be some spoilers but there are no Origin spoilers in this review.

The ending to Opal was insane and I was chomping at the bit to start Origin because the ending scene between Katy and Daemon was heart-wrenching. Katy is put through some serious stuff and it’s a lot to handle mentally. Daemon will do ANYTHING to protect her and get her back. I love his devotion and he has come a long way from the dick he was in the beginning. He knows Daedalus wants him and Katy together and he gives himself up to see her again. This is Daemon so you know he’s got a plan and he won’t go down without a fight. He just needs to get to Kat first. When Daemon gets to Kat, they are put through the ringer and learn firsthand what Dawson and Bethany suffered. Why is Daedalus so concerned about having Kat and Daemon together? It’s a doosy and you won’t believe what kind of plans they have cooked up. Let’s just say that the title, Origin has a significant meaning to this book.

“Daemon Black could be as prickly as a hedgehog having a really bad day, but underneath all that spindly armor, he was sweet, protective, and incredibly selfless.”

Luc, Paris, Dee, Ash, Andrew, Dawson, Bethany and Matthew are back and they won’t let Daemon take on Daedalus by himself. A new character, Archer, is also introduced and he becomes a pertinent ally to the team. He is definitely a mystery but one I would very much like to get to know a little better. I think Dee feels the same way.  Anyways, I’m getting sidetracked by his awesomeness. I have never really been a big fan of Ash and Andrew but they are starting to grow on me and I think Ash really respects Kat despite her prickly attitude towards her. The fact that they are willing to risk their lives says a lot about her and Andrew.

I was floored with the romance between Kat and Daemon in this one and it just keeps getting  swoonier. The love that Daemon has for Kat is so palpable and vice versa. There were so many sweet and tender moments and I have to say that if Daemon loves you, you’re one lucky person because he will fight to the end of the earth for you. He proves this not only with Kat but also with his friends and family. There were some significant moments between Kat and Daemon and I think readers will be very happy.

“His kisses really did have the power to change lives.”

I actually thought this book started out a bit slow but then per JLA style, absolute chaos and awesomeness ensued. So many unbelievable things happen and I was left reeling more than a time or two. The close it got to the end, the more I kept saying, “What? Wait, WHAT?!” The ending left me on my knees begging JLA and the publishers to get Opposition out NOW because, HOLY CRAP, I need to know what is going to happen. Also, dual POV? Heck yeah! Enough said.


PURCHASE LINKS:


~IPOD Picks~
“Broken” by Seether ft. Amy Lee
“Iridescent” by Linkin Park
“Between the Raindrops” by Lifehouse ft. Natasha Bedingfield

3 comments:

  1. YES YES and YES! Love this review and I agree! It was made of all the epic things and that ending makes me want to find a time machine and go into the future. NEEDS IT. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!! Daemon freaking Black. So much love for him!!! The ending was crazy! We definitely need opposition like now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep putting this off because I was spoiled for two things and they were just so predictable and "Twilight-y" so I was disappointed that she went there but I'm sure when I read it I won't be a grumpy moo and will probs be squeeing...probably ;) Great review hon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!