Saturday, July 13, 2013

15 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 6


This challenge is hosted by April over at Good Books, Good Wine. It is a new, unique challenge to put some spark back into blogging. Day 5 challenge is to Discuss how you shop for books. Here's what I do!

My shopping habits really depend on what kind of shopping I do. If I am shopping for print books, I love to go to the bookstore. I don't usually order online because I love going to the bookstore. I love the smell of the books. I usually walk around the book store looking through the new release shelves first and then moving along to the sections of my favorite books like young adult and adult romance. When I go to the checkout or get ready to leave, I always peruse the less than $7.00 shelves to see if there's anything good.


When I am shopping for e-books, I usually look at the recommended books on Amazon based on my browsing history and then I browse blogs and buy books based on other bloggers recommendations. I have a few authors that I will buy any book from and usually pre-order or buy the book as soon as it's released. 

These are my book shopping habits, what are yours? I'd love to hear how you pick the books you buy.

4 comments:

  1. I always go to a book shop for print books too. My local book shop isn't great but when I'm in the city I could spend an hour or more in the book shop. I round up all the books that catch my eye, sit down at one the seats, flick through them all, calculate the total, have a heart attack and try again to pick the ones I really have to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that cracked me up. I am pretty good about only picking up one or 2 books at the bookstore but you know I go crazy with my kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm big on browsing other STS posts and finding new books and deals that way. And I will look at the ones Amazon/B&N rec me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love looking at others weekend posts though I don't think I need to acquire anymore for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!