Sunday, February 24, 2013

Covenant Series: Half-Blood, Pure, Deity


Jennifer Armentrout does it again, and again, and again. Her books are like a drug for me and I can't get enough. And since I have read them all,  I re-read them again and again while I wait for new releases because I am that addicted. The Covenant series is so incredible to me and when the series is all over after Sentinel is released in December, I think I might cry.

The Covenant series takes place in the world of Gods, Demi-Gods and Hematoi. Within the Hematoi, there are pure bloods and half-bloods. Half-bloods are the children of a pure-blood and a mortal. The books center around Alexandria (Alex), a half-blood student at the Covenant, which is a school for Hematoi children. Alex is being trained by Aiden, a pure-blood who she immediately builds a connection with. However, relationships between halves and pures is strictly forbidden.

The three main characters are Alex, Aiden and Seth. Alex is witty, reckless and a total badass. Aiden is loyal, smart and level-headed and Seth is clever, volatile and manipulative. Aiden and Alex have this deep and epic love but Alex is physically connected to Seth. Her love with Aiden is forbidden and her connection to Seth is almost impossible to ignore. No matter how hard Alex and Aiden fight their attraction, they both struggle to stay away from each other but Seth is always there to remind Alex that she can't have Aiden.

I don't like to discuss plots too much because I don't like to give away spoilers but this book is not all just romance. The Covenant trains pures and halves to fight and kill daimons (dee-muns), who hunt Pures. As they struggle to figure out what the daimons are plotting, a bigger conflict is brewing that no one is expecting. The great thing about this series is that the romance is intricately woven within the plot so that is is always there as the action and suspense carries you forward.

Just like the Lux series, Jennifer Armentrout writes witty and entertaining dialogue that makes me laugh out loud and grows my attachment to the characters. The Covenant Series will be a total of 5 books with Apollyon coming out on April 9th and Sentinel being released in December. I also recommend reading Daimon, which is a prequel novella to Half-Blood and Elixer, which is a novella from Aiden's point of view and takes place between Deity and Apollyon.








6 comments:

  1. Found you on Book Blogs. congrats on the new blog. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am excited to share my love for books and reading with others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received my ordered copies of Deity and Elixir in the mail today! I can't wait to get caught up on this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deity is so amazing! You will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I am now a proud member of your lovely blog and I look forward to reading more. If you have time check out mine: usingtherightsideofmybrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I am now following you as well.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!